* NOTE: Due to event closures brought on by COVID-19, our 2020 37th Annual Washington State Japanese Speech & Skit Contest has changed format. Please go to the Guideline and Rules page to read about applying to our updated contest this year.
!! STOP !!
**Have you registered on the Japan in the Schools (JIS) Festival website?
If not, please go to the JIS Festival website first and register yourself for either the Speech Contest or the Skit Contest. You must apply to the Speech and Skit Contest on this website only AFTER you have done so on the JIS Festival website first.**
How to Apply
Both Speech and Skit applicants are required to complete the application form and the permission form. Speech applicants, you are required to submit the title and final draft of your speech in Japanese to the Speech & Skit Contest Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm on Monday, March 2nd, 2020.
- Fill out the speech or skit application form (google form). ALL SKIT MEMBERS must fill out and submit their own skit application form.
- The application form must be submitted by 11:59 pm on Friday, February 14, 2020.
- Read the guidelines and rules. Please make sure your teacher and parents read through them as well.
Click here to download SKIT Contest permission form!
Click here to download SPEECH Contest permission form!
- Students are required to fill out the permission form. ALL SKIT MEMBERS must submit their own form. Student forms MUST have a parent or guardian’s and teacher’s signature.
- Scan the forms and send them by e-mail to email@example.com by February 14th, or by mail to:
Hyogo Business & Cultural Center
1001 4th Ave, Suite 4310
Seattle, WA 98154.
- ATTENTION SPEECH CONTEST APPLICANTS!
Speech applicants, you are required to submit the title and final draft of your speech in Japanese to the Speech & Skit Contest Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm on Monday, March 2nd, 2020..
- Practice, practice, PRACTICE!
- Do your best and have some fun at the contest! This is a great opportunity to show us your Japanese skills and challenge yourself!